In addition, Jackie Roehl and Rachel Hatten had their Pre-AP English 10 students create a "Twitter Tableaux" around themes in the book, Slaughterhouse Five. Here were their instructions for students:
- A tableau (tableaux is the plural form) is a group of motionless models representing a scene from a story.
- As a group discuss your chapter to determine the three scenes that illustrate war themes and then create one tableau per scene for a total of three tableaux.
- Have someone take photos of the tableaux and tweet them with two hashtags #DLDay #s5tab. With the remaining characters write a theme statement for your tableau. What are you trying to say here about war?
- You will present your images and explain your motivations to the class. You have to be back here in 25 minutes to present or you get a 0.
- Chapter 5 is split pp. 87-113 and pp. 114 to 135